Global Calcium is one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of
Calcium Citrate Malate CAS no. 142606-53-9, Mineral Actives
. We support the customers with exhaustive documentation. As a USDMF & EU-GMP certified global company and an established hallmark for pharmaceutical standards, Global Calcium has stood the test of time since its inception in 1979.
As manufacturer of Calcium Citrate Malate we hereby state the following facts about the drug:
Calcium citrate malate is a water-soluble calcium supplement. It is the calcium salt of citric acid and malic acid with variable composition. Calcium plays a very important role in the body. It is necessary for normal functioning of nerves, cells, muscle, and bone. If there is not enough calcium in the blood, then the body will take calcium from bones, thereby weakening bones.
Therapeutic uses and effectiveness:
- Calcium citrate malate has been shown to facilitate calcium retention and bone accrual in children and adolescents
- In adults, it effectively promotes the consolidation and maintenance of bone mass
- Unlike other calcium sources that necessitate supplementation be in conjunction with a meal to ensure an appreciable benefit is derived, it can be consumed with or without food and delivers a significant nutritional benefit to individuals of all ages
- Calcium citrate malate is also recognized as a calcium source that does not increase the risk of kidney stones, and in fact it protects against stone-forming potential
- The versatile nature of calcium citrate malate makes it a convenient and practical calcium salt for use in moist foods and beverages
- The combination of calcium citrate malate and vitamin D3 is used to prevent or treat low blood calcium levels in people who do not get enough calcium from their diets. It may be used to treat conditions caused by low calcium levels such as bone loss (osteoporosis), weak bones (osteomalacia/rickets), decreased activity of the parathyroid gland (hypoparathyroidism), and a certain muscle disease (latent tetany). It may also be used in certain patients to make sure they are getting enough calcium (including women who are pregnant, nursing, or postmenopausal, people taking certain medications such as phenytoin, phenobarbital, or prednisone)
Other related information:
- The major factor that may prevent selection of calcium citrate malate as a preferred calcium source is the higher cost compared to other sources of calcium commonly used for fortification (e.g., calcium carbonate and tricalcium phosphate). However, formation of calcium citrate malate directly within beverages or other fluid foods and/or preparations, and the addition of a concentrated calcium citrate malate solution or slurry, are relatively cost-effective methods by which calcium citrate malate can be incorporated into finished food and beverage products
Calcium citrate malate is similar to calcium malate and other calcium salts. The European Food Safety Authority has concluded that calcium citrate malate is "slightly more bioavailable" than other forms of calcium supplementation
Global Calcium is a leading manufacturer of this drug. We manufacture this pharmaceutical drug and make it available to domestic and overseas market