Calcium Citrate USP
- Product Name : Calcium Citrate
- CAS : 813-94-5
- Molecular Formula : C12H10Ca3O14
- Molecular Weight : 498.4 g/mol
- Pharmaceutical Grade : USP
Global Calcium is one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of Calcium Citrate CAS no. 813-94-5, Mineral Actives . We support the customers with exhaustive documentation. As a USDMF & EU-GMP certified global company and an established hallmark for pharmaceutical standards, Global Calcium has stood the test of time since its inception in 1979.
As manufacturer of Calcium Citrate we hereby state the following facts about the drug:
Calcium Citrate is the citrate salt of calcium. An element necessary for normal nerve, muscle, and cardiac function, calcium as the citrate salt helps to maintain calcium balance and prevent bone loss when taken orally. This agent may also be chemopreventive for colon and other cancers. Calcium citrate is a salt typically used as a source of calcium in a variety of over the counter supplements.
Calcium citrate increases plasma calcium levels. This reduces calcium flux from osteocyte activity by reducing the secretion of parathyroid hormone (PTH). Calcium does this by stimulating a G-protein coupled calcium receptor on the surface of parathyroid cells. The reduction in calcium flux increases the amount of calcium deposited in bone resulting in an increase in bone mineral density. The reduction in PTH secretion also reduces the amount of vitamin D metabolized to its active form, calcidiol. Since calcidiol increases the expression of calcium dependent ATPases and transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily V member 6 (TRPV6) both of which are involved in calcium uptake from the gut, a reduction in calcidiol results in less calcium absorption. Additionally, TRPV5, the channel responsible for calcium reabsorption in the kidney, is downregulated when PTH secretion is reduced thus increasing calcium excretion via the kidneys. Another hormone, calitonin, is likely involved in the reduction of bone resorption during periods of high plasma calcium.
Therapeutic uses and effectiveness:
- For use as an over the counter calcium supplement.
- Food Additives
- In the production of citric acid and other citrates; improvement of baking properties of flour
- Dietary supplement; sequestrant, buffer and firming agent in foods and medicine
- Acidity regulator (flour, jams, soft drinks, confectionery)
Other related information:
- Calcium citrate has been verified to be of low concern based on experimental and modeled data
- Patients taking more than 4g of calcium a day are at risk of hypercalcemia and metabolic alkalosis. Chronic intake of calcium supplements is associated with adverse gastrointestinal symptoms such as constipation and flatulence
- Increases plasma calcium levels leading to a decrease in calcium flux and increase in calcium deposition into bone
Global Calcium is a leading manufacturer of this drug. We manufacture this pharmaceutical drug and make it available to domestic and overseas market