Global Calcium is one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of
Calcium Lactate CAS no. 814-80-2, Mineral Actives
. We support the customers with exhaustive documentation. As a USDMF & EU-GMP certified global company and an established hallmark for pharmaceutical standards, Global Calcium has stood the test of time since its inception in 1979.
As manufacturer of Calcium Lactate we hereby state the following facts about the drug:
Calcium lactate is a salt that consists of two lactate anions for each calcium cation (Ca2+). It is prepared commercially by the neutralization of lactic acid with calcium carbonate or calcium hydroxide. Approved by the FDA as a direct food substance affirmed as generally recognized as safe, calcium lactate is used as a firming agent, flavoring agent, leavening agent, stabilizer, and thickener. Calcium lactate is also found in daily dietary supplements as a source of calcium. It is also available in various hydrate forms, where calcium lactate pentahydrate is the most common. Both components of calcium lactate, calcium ion, and lactic acid, play essential roles in the human body as a skeletal element and energy source, respectively. In aqueous environments such as the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, calcium lactate will dissociate into calcium cation and lactic acid anions, the conjugate base of lactic acid. Lactic acid is a naturally occurring compound that serves as fuel or energy in mammals by acting as a ubiquitous intermediate in the metabolic pathways. Lactic acid diffuses through the muscles and is transported to the liver by the bloodstream to participate in gluconeogenesis.
Therapeutic uses and effectiveness:
- Indicated for use as a nutritional supplement
- Oral administration of calcium lactate lowered plasma parathyroid hormone and decreased urinary excretion of cyclic adenosine monophosphate in skeletal-type hyperparathyroidism but not in other types or in controls
- High doses of oral calcium lactate decreased urinary cyclic adenosine monophosphate excretion in borderline cases of urolithic and hyperparathyroidism
- May be used to treat mild hypocalcemia and for maintenance therapy.
- Feed supplement: Calcium supplement
- Food Additives:
- Acidity regulator
- Flour treatment agent
- Yeast food
- Preservative in foods and beverages: in dentifrices, calcium replenisher
- In respirator filter for adsorption of vapors
Global Calcium is a leading manufacturer of this drug. We manufacture this pharmaceutical drug and make it available to domestic and overseas market