- Product Name : Diazepam
- CAS : 439-14-5
- Molecular Formula : C16H13ClN2O
- Molecular Weight : 284.74 g/mol
- Pharmaceutical Grade : BP / EP / IP / USP
- Therapeutic Category : Anticonvulsant, anxiolytic, sedative, muscle relaxant
Global Calcium is one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of Diazepam CAS no. 439-14-5, API, (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient). We support the customers with exhaustive documentation. As a USDMF & EU-GMP certified global company and an established hallmark for pharmaceutical standards, Global Calcium has stood the test of time since its inception in 1979.
As manufacturer of Diazepam we hereby state the following facts about the drug:
Diazepam is a benzodiazepine derivative with anti-anxiety, sedative, hypnotic, muscle relaxant and anticonvulsant properties. Intravenous forms of diazepam are used for acute severe agitation, as a premediation for anesthesia, a sedative for minor surgery or invasive procedures, and for treatment of status epileptus or severe recurrent seizures.
Diazepam potentiates the inhibitory activities of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) by binding to the GABA receptor, located in the limbic system and the hypothalamus. This increases the frequency of chloride channel opening, allowing the flow of chloride ions into the neuron and ultimately leading to membrane hyperpolarization and a decrease in neuronal excitability. GABAs functions include CNS involvement in sleep induction, the control of hypnosis, memory, anxiety, epilepsy and neuronal excitability.
Therapeutic uses and effectiveness:
- In general, diazepam is useful in the symptomatic management of mild to moderate degrees of anxiety in conditions dominated by tension, excitation, agitation, fear, or aggressiveness such as may occur in psychoneurosis, anxiety reactions due to stress conditions, and anxiety states with somatic expression.
- In acute alcoholic withdrawal, diazepam may be useful in the symptomatic relief of acute agitation, tremor, and impending acute delirium tremens
- Diazepam is a useful adjunct for the relief of skeletal muscle spasm due to reflex spasm to local pathologies, such as inflammation of the muscle and joints or secondary to trauma; spasticity caused by upper motor neuron disorders, such as cerebral palsy and paraplegia; athetosis and the rare “stiff man syndrome”
- In the same UK label information, diazepam is indicated in children for: (1) control of tension and irritability in cerebral spasticity in selected cases, (2) as an adjunct to the control of muscle spasm in tetanus, and for (3) oral premedication
- A diazepam nasal spray is indicated in patients 6 years and older to treat intermittent, stereotypic episodes of frequent seizure activity that are different than the patient's usual seizure pattern
- Diazepam has been used orally to prevent night terrors. Although not recommended by the manufacturer, parenteral diazepam is used to reduce the requirements for opiate analgesics and produce anterograde amnesia during labor and delivery. The drug has been used parenterally to manage neonatal opiate withdrawal
Other related information:
- Diazepam is FDA approved for the management of anxiety disorders, short-term relief of anxiety symptoms, spasticity associated with upper motor neuron disorders, adjunct therapy for muscle spasms, preoperative anxiety relief, management of certain refractory epilepsy patients and adjunct in severe recurrent convulsive seizures, and an adjunct in status epilepticus. Off label use for diazepam includes sedation in the ICU and short-term treatment of spasticity in children with cerebral palsy
- Diazepam is a benzodiazepine that is available for both oral and intravenous administration; oral diazepam is used predominantly as an anxiolytic agent, while the intravenous form is used as an anticonvulsant. Use of intravenous diazepam has not been linked to serum enzyme elevations during therapy or to clinically apparent liver injury. In contrast, use of the oral form of diazepam has been linked to rare instances of cholestatic liver injury
Global Calcium is a leading manufacturer of this drug. We manufacture this pharmaceutical drug and make it available to domestic and overseas market