Dibasic Potassium Phosphate Anhydrous USP
- Product Name : Dibasic Potassium Phosphate Anhydrous
- Pharmaceutical Grade : USP
- Therapeutic Category : Electrolyte agent
Global Calcium is one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of Dibasic Potassium Phosphate Anhydrous . We support the customers with exhaustive documentation. As a USDMF & EU-GMP certified global company and an established hallmark for pharmaceutical standards, Global Calcium has stood the test of time since its inception in 1979.
As manufacturer of Dibasic Potassium Phosphate Anhydrous we hereby state the following facts about the drug:
Dibasic Potassium Phosphate is the dipotassium form of phosphoric acid, that can be used as an electrolyte replenisher and with radio-protective activity. Upon oral administration, potassium phosphate is able to block the uptake of the radioactive isotope phosphorus. Dipotassium phosphate is a highly water-soluble salt often used as a fertilizer and food additive as a source of phosphorus and potassium as well as a buffering agent.
- Dipotassium phosphate is used in imitation dairy creamers, dry powder beverages, mineral supplements, and starter cultures as an additive.
- It is used in non-dairy creamers to prevent coagulation.
- Dipotassium phosphate is also used to make buffer solutions and it is used in the production of trypticase soy agar which is used to make agar plates for culturing bacteria.
Phosphate is a major intracellular anion that participates in providing energy for the metabolism of substances and contributes to important metabolic and enzymatic reactions in almost all organs and tissues. Phosphate exerts a modifying influence on calcium concentrations, a buffering effect on acid-base equilibrium, and has a major role in the renal excretion of hydrogen ions.
Mechanism of action:
Once phosphate gains access to the body fluids and tissues, it exerts a little pharmacological effect. If the ion is introduced into the intestine, the absorbed phosphate is rapidly excreted. If large amounts are given by this route, much of it may escape absorption. Because this property leads to a cathartic action, phosphate salts are employed as mild laxatives.
Global Calcium is a leading manufacturer of this drug. We manufacture this pharmaceutical drug and make it available to domestic and overseas market