Fluorescein Sodium USP
- Product Name : Fluorescein Sodium
- CAS : 518-47-8
- Molecular Formula : C20H11NaO5
- Molecular Weight : 354.3 g/mol
- Pharmaceutical Grade : BP / EP / IP / USP
- Therapeutic Category : Ophthalmic Diagnostic Agent
Global Calcium is one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of Fluorescein Sodium CAS no. 518-47-8, API, (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient). We support the customers with exhaustive documentation. As a USDMF & EU-GMP certified global company and an established hallmark for pharmaceutical standards, Global Calcium has stood the test of time since its inception in 1979.
As manufacturer of Fluorescein Sodium we hereby state the following facts about the drug:
Fluorescein sodium is one of the most frequently used methods for evaluating corneal staining, and it has been used since the end of the 19th century. Fluorescein sodium, or sodium fluorescein, is also known as uranine, resorcinolphthalein, or D&C Yellow #8, and is a dye made principally from two petroleum products called resorcinol and phthalic anhydride.
Uses of fluorescein sodium:
- Sodium fluorescein has been found to be highly safe for fundus angiography at concentrations of 5-25%, even when leakage through the retina occurred. Because of its hydrophilic properties, it is highly absorbed by the vitreous gel, as most available data indicate that intravitreal 0.20% sodium fluorescein dye improves the visualization of clear vitreous fibers through green staining during chromovitrectomy
- The main indication of sodium fluorescein in chromovitrectomy is the vitreous staining, further clinical experience can determine whether there is any role for sodium fluorescein application in the visualization of preretinal membranes
- Fluorescein sodium is a sodium salt and an organic fluorescent dye with peak excitation at 494 nm and peak emission at 512 nm. It has been safely used in humans for many years, predominantly in ophthalmology for retinal angiography, and the cost of fluorescein sodium is relatively low when compared with the cost of other agents
- Fluorescein sodium is generally adopted as the stain of the first choice in ophthalmic diagnosis. It is assumed that fluorescein provides information about the surface quality of the conjunctiva by pooling in natural creases, folds, and ridges in the conjunctiva and entering inter-epithelial spaces where an abrasion has occurred.
Global Calcium is a leading manufacturer of this drug. We manufacture this pharmaceutical drug and make it available to domestic and overseas market