Global Calcium is one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of
Magnesium Acetate CAS no. 142-72-3, Mineral Actives
. We support the customers with exhaustive documentation. As a USDMF & EU-GMP certified global company and an established hallmark for pharmaceutical standards, Global Calcium has stood the test of time since its inception in 1979.
As manufacturer of Magnesium Acetate we hereby state the following facts about the drug:
Magnesium Acetate is the acetate salt form of magnesium. Magnesium is a divalent cation essential for a number of biochemical processes involved in nerve signaling, bone mineralization, and muscle contractions. About 350 enzymes involved in glycolysis and the Krebs cycle, formation of cyclic-AMP and ATP, cellular signal transduction, and protein and nucleic acid synthesis are dependent on magnesium.
Magnesium ions electrostatically stabilize the adenylyl cyclase complex and enhance its catalytic actions and production of cAMP. They also regulate the level of phosphorylation in various pathways by formation of the transition state of phosphoryl transfer reaction by protein kinases and stabilize ATP binding to protein kinases via electrostatic interactions.
Applications and uses:
- Magnesium acetate is commonly used as a source of magnesium or for the acetate ion in chemistry experiments. One example of this is when magnesium acetate and magnesium nitrate were both used to perform molecular dynamics simulations and surface tension measurements. In the experiment, the authors found that the acetate had a stronger affinity for the surface compared to the nitrate ion and that the Mg2+ strongly repelled away from the air/liquid interference. They also found that the Mg2+ had a stronger tendency to bind with the acetate ion compared to the nitrate.
- One of the more prevalent uses of magnesium acetate is in the mixture called calcium magnesium acetate (CMA). It is a mixture of calcium acetate and magnesium acetate. CMA is thought of as an environmentally friendly alternative deicer to NaCl and CaCl2. CMA also acts as a powerful SO2, NOx, and toxic particulate emission control agent in coal combustion processes to reduce acid rain, and as an effective catalyst for the facilitation of coal combustion.
- Magnesium acetate has been found to cause a conformational change in Escherichia coli enzyme Primase.
- When magnesium acetate is mixed with hydrogen peroxide it acts as a bactericidal.
- Magnesium acetate has been shown to be effective at ashing organic compounds in preparation for a fluorine analysis when high or low concentrations of fluorine are present.
- Magnesium-containing laxatives cause diarrhea through water retention and increased fecal mass that stimulates peristalsis. When used as an electrolyte supplementation, magnesium acetate tetrahydrate induces diuresis and metabolic alkalinizing effect.
- Magnesium ions enhance the reactivity of arteries to vasoconstrictors, promotes vasoconstriction, and increases peripheral resistance, leading to increased blood pressure through potential competition with calcium ions in the vascular system.
- Magnesium ions also regulate other ions entering and exiting the cell membrane by acting as a ligand in the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor.
Global Calcium is a leading manufacturer of this drug. We manufacture this pharmaceutical drug and make it available to domestic and overseas market