Global Calcium is one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of
Midazolam Maleate CAS no. 59467-94-6, API, (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient). We support the customers with exhaustive documentation. As a USDMF & EU-GMP certified global company and an established hallmark for pharmaceutical standards, Global Calcium has stood the test of time since its inception in 1979.
As manufacturer of Midazolam Maleate we hereby state the following facts about the drug:
Midazolam is a short-acting benzodiazepine derivative with an imidazole structure and with anxiolytic, amnestic, hypnotic, anticonvulsant, and sedative properties. Midazolam exerts its effect by binding to the benzodiazepine receptor at the gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptor-chloride ionophore complex in the central nervous system (CNS). This leads to an increase in the opening of chloride channels, membrane hyperpolarization and increases the inhibitory effect of GABA in the CNS. Midazolam may also interfere with the reuptake of GABA, thereby causing the accumulation of GABA in the synaptic cleft
Midazolam has neurotoxic properties when administered neuraxial in vivo. Furthermore, midazolam induces neurodegeneration in neonatal animal models in combination with other general anesthetics.
Therapeutic uses and effectiveness:
- Therapeutic uses of midazolam include adjuvants, anesthesia anesthetics, Anti-anxiety agents, GABA modulators, hypnotics, and sedatives
- Intravenous: Indicated for promoting preoperative sedation, anxiolysis, anesthesia induction, or amnesia
- Intramuscular: Indicated for the treatment of status epilepticus in adults
- Nasal: Indicated for the acute treatment of intermittent, stereotypic episodes of frequent seizure activity (i.e., seizure clusters, acute repetitive seizures) that are distinct from a patient’s usual seizure pattern in patients with epilepsy 12 years of age and older
- Treatment of prolonged, acute, convulsive seizures in infants, toddlers, children, and adolescents (from three months to less than 18 years)
- For infants between three and six months of age, treatment should be in a hospital setting where monitoring is possible and resuscitation equipment is available
- Midazolam is a familiar agent commonly used in the emergency department to provide sedation prior to procedures such as laceration repair and reduction of dislocations
- Midazolam is also effective in the treatment of generalized seizures, status epilepticus, and behavioral emergencies, particularly when intravenous access is not available
- Midazolam is often employed as an induction agent for rapid sequence endotracheal intubation
Global Calcium is a leading manufacturer of this drug. We manufacture this pharmaceutical drug and make it available to domestic and overseas market