Potassium Citrate USP
- Product Name : Potassium Citrate
- CAS : 6100-05-6
- Molecular Formula : C6H5K3O7
- Molecular Weight : 306.39 g/mol
- Pharmaceutical Grade : USP
- Therapeutic Category : Electrolyte and Mineral supplement
Global Calcium is one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of Potassium Citrate CAS no. 6100-05-6, Mineral Actives . We support the customers with exhaustive documentation. As a USDMF & EU-GMP certified global company and an established hallmark for pharmaceutical standards, Global Calcium has stood the test of time since its inception in 1979.
As manufacturer of Potassium Citrate we hereby state the following facts about the drug:
Potassium citrate is a potassium salt of citric acid containing about 38.3% potassium by mass. It is a urinary alkalizer. One gram of potassium citrate provides 9.26 mEq of potassium.
- Potassium Citrate is indicated for the management of renal tubular acidosis, hypocitraturia calcium oxalate nephrolithiasis, uric acid lithiasis with or without calcium stones.
- Potassium citrate induces changes in the urine which renders urine less susceptible to the formation of crystals and stones from salts e.g. uric acid.
Other related information:
- Increased citrate levels in the urine will make complexation with calcium which decreases the calcium ion activity and decreases the chance for the formation of calcium phosphate crystals.
- Citrate also inhibits the spontaneous nucleation of calcium oxalate and calcium phosphate.
- Potassium citrate administration has the potential to mitigate age-related declines in bone density and strength.
Global Calcium is a leading manufacturer of this drug. We manufacture this pharmaceutical drug and make it available to domestic and overseas market