- Product Name : Sodium Selenite
- CAS : 26970-82-1
- Molecular Formula : Na2SeO3
- Molecular Weight : 172.95 g/mol
Global Calcium is one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of Sodium Selenite CAS no. 26970-82-1, Mineral Actives . We support the customers with exhaustive documentation. As a USDMF & EU-GMP certified global company and an established hallmark for pharmaceutical standards, Global Calcium has stood the test of time since its inception in 1979.
As manufacturer of Sodium Selenite we hereby state the following facts about the drug:
Sodium Selenite is an inorganic form of the trace element selenium with potential antineoplastic activity. Sodium selenite appears as a white-colored crystalline solid. Soluble in water and denser than water. Contact may irritate skin, eyes, and mucous membranes. Toxic by ingestion, inhalation, and skin absorption.
Disodium selenite is an inorganic sodium salt composed of sodium and selenite ions in a 2:1 ratio. It has a role as a nutraceutical.
Selenium, administered in the form of sodium selenite, is reduced to hydrogen selenide (H2Se) in the presence of glutathione (GSH) and subsequently generates superoxide radicals upon reaction with oxygen. This may inhibit the expression and activity of the transcription factor Sp1; in turn, Sp1 down-regulates androgen receptor (AR) expression and blocks AR signaling. Eventually, selenium may induce apoptosis in prostate cancer cells and inhibit tumor cell proliferation.
Other related information:
- Effect of long-term exposure: Repeated or prolonged contact with skin may cause dermatitis. The substance may have effects on the central nervous system, bone, and blood.
- It is known that low Se is associated with an increased incidence of cancer and heart diseases. Therefore, it is advisable to supplement the diet with this element albeit in a proper form. Although blood increased concentrations of Se can be achieved with various pharmacological preparations, only one chemical form (sodium selenite) can offer true protection.
- Selenium supplementation in prevention of coronavirus infection: Sodium selenite, but not selenate, can oxidize thiol groups in the virus protein disulfide isomerase rendering it unable to penetrate the healthy cell membrane. In this way, selenite inhibits the entrance of viruses into the healthy cells and abolish their infectivity. Therefore, this simple chemical compound can potentially be used in the recent battle against the coronavirus epidemic.
Global Calcium is a leading manufacturer of this drug. We manufacture this pharmaceutical drug and make it available to domestic and overseas market