Global Calcium is one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of
Sodium Thiosulfate CAS no. 7772-98-7, API, (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient). We support the customers with exhaustive documentation. As a USDMF & EU-GMP certified global company and an established hallmark for pharmaceutical standards, Global Calcium has stood the test of time since its inception in 1979.
As manufacturer of Sodium Thiosulfate we hereby state the following facts about the drug:
Sodium thiosulfate is an inorganic sodium salt composed of sodium and thiosulfate ions in a 2:1 ratio. It has a role as an antidote to cyanide poisoning, a nephroprotective agent, and an antifungal drug. It is an industrial chemical that also has a long medical history. It was originally used as an intravenous medication for metal poisoning. It has since been approved for the treatment of certain rare medical conditions. These include cyanide poisoning, calciphylaxis, and cisplatin toxicity. In vitro assays have demonstrated that it is an anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective agent. It, therefore, has the potential for treating neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease.
Uses and applications of Sodium thiosulfate:
- Sodium thiosulfate has been approved to treat some rare medical conditions. Calciphylaxis is the most prominent. It is a potentially fatal condition resulting from kidney failure, often of unknown cause. Thrombotic lesions develop, especially in the skin. Hopeful results have been obtained through the use of intravenous sodium thiosulfate. It has also been directly applied to dermal lesions in doses of 250 mg/ml with a resolution of the lesions over a period of weeks. The success of these treatments is believed to be multifactorial.
- Sodium thiosulfate is known to be an anti-calcification agent with vasodilatory and antioxidant properties.
- Another sodium thiosulfate use is to protect against cisplatin toxicity. Cisplatin is one of the most widely used agents to treat solid tumors. It has adverse effects on renal, neurological, gastrointestinal, and hematological systems. Toxic overdoses are common. To avoid this problem, sodium thiosulfate has been successfully administered with cisplatin. Efficacy is thought to be related to sodium thiosulfate binding to free platinum.
- Cyanide poisoning is yet another condition where sodium thiosulfate has a treatment role. Cyanide poisoning is uncommon but deadly.
- Recently sodium thiosulfate was demonstrated to function as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Sodium thiosulfate has antioxidant properties. Due to the presence of a reduced sulfur atom, but it also forms strong complexes with iron, copper, and other metal ions.
Global Calcium is a leading manufacturer of this drug. We manufacture this pharmaceutical drug and make it available to domestic and overseas market