Timolol Maleate USP
- Product Name : Timolol Maleate
- CAS : 26921-17-5
- Molecular Formula : C17H28N4O7S
- Molecular Weight : 432.5 g/mol
- Pharmaceutical Grade : BP / EP / IP / USP
- Therapeutic Category : Antiglaucoma agent
Global Calcium is one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of Timolol Maleate CAS no. 26921-17-5, API, (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient). We support the customers with exhaustive documentation. As a USDMF & EU-GMP certified global company and an established hallmark for pharmaceutical standards, Global Calcium has stood the test of time since its inception in 1979.
As manufacturer of Timolol Maleate we hereby state the following facts about the drug:
Timolol Maleate is the maleate salt form of timolol, a propanolamine derivative and a non-selective beta-adrenergic antagonist with antihypertensive property.
Timolol maleate ophthalmic solution, when applied topically on the eye, has the action of reducing elevated as well as normal intraocular pressure, whether or not accompanied by glaucoma. Elevated intraocular pressure is a major risk factor in the pathogenesis of glaucomatous visual field loss. The higher the level of intraocular pressure, the greater the likelihood of glaucomatous visual field loss and optic nerve damage.
Therapeutic uses and effectiveness:
- Timolol maleate ophthalmic solution is indicated in the treatment of elevated intraocular pressure in patients with ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucoma
- Timolol maleate tablets are indicated for the treatment of hypertension. It may be used alone or in combination with other antihypertensive agents, especially thiazide-type diuretics
- Timolol is indicated in patients who have survived the acute phase of myocardial infarction, and are clinically stable, to reduce cardiovascular mortality and the risk of reinfarction.
- Timolol is indicated for the prophylaxis of migraine headache. In a clinical trial, timolol was studied for the prophylactic treatment of migraine headache in placebo-controlled involving 400 patients, mostly women between the ages of 18 and 66 years. Approximately 50% of patients who received timolol had a reduction in the frequency of migraine headache of at least 50%, compared to a similar decrease in frequency in 30% of patients receiving placebo
Other related information:
- As with many topically applied ophthalmic drugs, this drug is absorbed systemically. The same adverse reactions found with systemic administration of beta-adrenergic blocking agents may occur with topical administration
- Although timolol used alone has little or no effect on pupil size, mydriasis resulting from concomitant therapy with timolol and epinephrine has been reported occasionally
- Dorzolamide HCl-timolol maleate ophthalmic solution is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor with a beta-adrenergic receptor blocking agent indicated for the reduction of elevated intraocular pressure in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension who are insufficiently responsive to beta-blockers.
Global Calcium is a leading manufacturer of this drug. We manufacture this pharmaceutical drug and make it available to domestic and overseas market