- Product Name : Voglibose
- CAS : 83480-29-9
- Molecular Formula : C10H21NO7
- Molecular Weight : 267.28 g/mol
- Pharmaceutical Grade : IP
- Therapeutic Category : Antidiabetic
Global Calcium is one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of Voglibose CAS no. 83480-29-9, API, (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient). We support the customers with exhaustive documentation. As a USDMF & EU-GMP certified global company and an established hallmark for pharmaceutical standards, Global Calcium has stood the test of time since its inception in 1979.
As manufacturer of Voglibose we hereby state the following facts about the drug:
Voglibose belongs to a class of competitive alpha-glucosidase inhibitors. It is used for lowering post-prandial blood glucose levels in people with diabetes mellitus. Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors are oral anti-diabetic drugs used for diabetes mellitus type 2 that work by preventing the digestion of complex carbohydrates (such as starch). Complex carbohydrates are normally converted into simple sugars (monosaccharides) which can be absorbed through the intestine. Hence, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors reduce the impact of complex carbohydrates on blood sugar.
Mechanism of action:
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors are saccharides that act as competitive inhibitors of enzymes needed to digest carbohydrates: specifically alpha-glucosidase enzymes in the brush border of the small intestines. The membrane-bound intestinal alpha-glucosidases hydrolyze oligosaccharides, trisaccharides, and disaccharides to glucose and other monosaccharides in the small intestine. Voglibose delays the absorption as well as digestion of dietary polysaccharides by reversibly inhibiting carbohydrate digestive enzymes like sucrose, maltose, zomaltase, etc. Valigobose may also facilitate mobilisotary α endogenous glycogen-like peptide 1 (GLP-1), which has an inhibitory action on glycogen, thus lowering fasting glucose levels too. Voglibose treatment has resulted in an increased release of GLP-1, which is an insulinotropic hormone and it has also increased the release of GLP-1, which is known to enhance insulin secretion and insulin sensitivity. Voglibose has no inhibitory activity against lactase and so, it does not cause lactose intolerance and diarrhea. It also has also shown an additive effect with other Oral Hypoglycaemic Agents (OHAs) like sulfonylurea. It also diminishes the insulinotropic and weight-increasing effects of sulfonylureas.
Absorption: voglibose is poorly absorbed after oral administration. However, systematic adverse effects have been observed.
Metabolism: The metabolism of voglibose in the liver is negligible.
Excretion: The renal excretion is negligible and plasma concentration after oral dose have been undetectable.
- For the treatment of diabetes. It is specifically used for lowering post-prandial blood glucose levels thereby reducing the risk of macrovascular complications.
- Voglibose is indicated as an adjustment to diet and exercise to improve glycaemic control in patients with NIDDM, where normoglycaemia cannot be achieved by diet alone.
- Voglibose is used in potent NIDDM in combination with sulfonylurea or metformin when proper and adequate glycaemic control ie. post-prandial glucose level is not achieved with monotherapy with OHAs.
- The addition of oral voglibose to insulin improves post-prandial blood glucose elevators and it reduces glycosylated hemoglobin in IDDM patients with impaired glycaemic control.
Global Calcium is a leading manufacturer of this drug. We manufacture this pharmaceutical drug and make it available to domestic and overseas market