- Product Name : Lithium Gluconate
- CAS : 60816-70-8
- Molecular Formula : C6H11LiO7
- Molecular Weight : 202.1 g/mol
Global Calcium is one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of Lithium Gluconate CAS no. 60816-70-8, Mineral Actives . We support the customers with exhaustive documentation. As a USDMF & EU-GMP certified global company and an established hallmark for pharmaceutical standards, Global Calcium has stood the test of time since its inception in 1979.
As manufacturer of Lithium Gluconate we hereby state the following facts about the drug:
Topical lithium gluconate has a beneficial effect on seborrheic dermatitis and oral lithium is used in psychiatry. It is used in oligotherapy for psychological problems (normothymia, manic depressive psychosis) under special biological surveillance and more specifically when the lithium rate is to be controlled.
Indications and other uses:
- A seborrheic dermatitis is a chronic form of inflammatory dermatitis characterized by erythema and desquamation with predominant localization on the face (nasolabial folds, eyebrows, hairline, and ears). It appears to be caused by the proliferation of Malassezia yeasts. Lithium gluconate is a drug containing topical lithium salt for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis. The mechanism of action of topical lithium is not well known; it may act through anti-inflammatory and antifungal action.
- Efficacy and safety of Lithium gluconate were assessed in a clinical study, one versus placebo. Lithium gluconate was significantly more effective than placebo and well-tolerated.
- Lithium gluconate treatment of seborrheic dermatitis may also be used in renal insufficiency. It is not recommended in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Adverse events observed were cutaneous (burning sensation, erythema, and pruritus), for the most part of mild severity. No cutaneous side effects contributed to those reported with the use of systemic lithium in psychiatric disorders were noted. Pharmacokinetic studies have shown that systemic absorption after topical application is low.
Global Calcium is a leading manufacturer of this drug. We manufacture this pharmaceutical drug and make it available to domestic and overseas market